The U.S. Department of Education requires that we report and disclose certain information about our university programs in a clear, prominent, user-friendly, and easily understood manner. The intent of the requirement is to enable students to make an informed choice about a program of study. To this end, we have developed documents containing the following information:
- Salary Data: Prospective students are encouraged to conduct research to determine actual earning potential as it may vary depending on location, level of education, and experience.
- Suggested Careers: Careers suggested in association with specific certificates throughout the website and other marketing assets are not intended to imply any guarantee of employment or qualifications for specific positions. As with all employment decisions, the requirements for a specific career may vary depending on any number of factors including but not limited to employer, location, level of education, and experience.
- Industry Trends: Industry trends provided that are associated with specific certificates throughout the website and other marketing assets are not intended to imply any guarantee of future performance or specific economic outcomes. As with all statistical data, we encourage our prospective students to conduct their own research regarding industry trends and the future outcomes of these.
- Course Specific Information: The course description, objectives and learning outcomes are subject to change without notice based on enhancements made to the course.
- Military and Veteran Education Assistance Information: Information provided as to the availability and eligibility for military or veteran education assistance programs is for general informational use only. Please check with your Education Services Officer or local Veterans Administration Representative for eligibility, benefit amount and application processes specific to your situation.
- University Policies: Michigan State University policies are subject to change. Please consult the university website for up-to-date information.
- International Student Credentials: Michigan State University does not provide any kind of assistance in obtaining student visas or in translating documents.
- State Authorization:
- Iowa - Michigan State University is registered with the Iowa College Student Aid Commission. Its online distance education programs offered to Iowa students do not lead to licensure or endorsement in the State of Iowa. Questions regarding Michigan State University online distance education programs should be directed to the Iowa College Student Aid Commission, www.iowacollegeaid.gov. Michigan State University will permit any student affiliated with the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard who is called to active duty or his/her spouse to drop all or a portion of the student’s courses with a full refund of tuition and fees, to complete courses early if feasible, or seek an incomplete grade to allow the student to complete coursework later. Upon receipt of an official copy of military orders, the student should contact the MSU Associate Registrar for Registration Services, 150 Administration Building, email@example.com.
- Louisiana - Michigan State University is currently licensed by the Board of Regents of the State of Louisiana. Licenses are renewed by the State Board of Regents every two years. Licensed institutions have met minimal operational standards set forth by the state, but licensure does not constitute accreditation, guarantee the transferability of credit, nor signify that programs are certifiable by any professional agency or organization.
- Minnesota – Michigan State University is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
For further information, please visit www.esp.msu.edu/stateauth.asp