Create Sustainable Competitive Advantage For Your Organization and Career!
Examine advanced supply management theory and practices from both academic and real-world perspectives. Gain the skills to assess and create new opportunities, relationships and supply channels, while exploring the entire domain of supply and the ways supply management can deliver sustainable competitive advantage.
Strategic Supply Management
In this course, you’ll investigate best practices for achieving long-term value in supply management through exemplar industry trends. Plus, you’ll discover ways to enhance buyer-supplier relationships, overcome supply management challenges and provide the strategic positioning and risk management your organization needs.
What You’ll Learn
Introduction to Strategic Supply Management
- Supply management terminology, trends, and themes
- Ways to evaluate new opportunities and overcome challenges
- The difference between tactical and strategic efforts
- How to transition from leveraging volume to leveraging ideas
- Strategies for creating lasting value and sustainable competitive advantage
- The keys to exceptional supplier relationship management
- Ways to evaluate and enhance supplier performance
- How to integrate continuous improvement
- Why loyalty matters and how to measure it
- Game Theory implications for strategic supply management
- Empathy and right brain thinking in building relationships
- Deliverables and outcomes of trust
Scope and Metrics
- Cost concerns and total cost of ownership
- The evolution and purpose of supply management metrics
- Ways to use different metrics and perspectives to optimize your supply base
- The most important (and often neglected) supply management concerns
- Definition, scope and elements of supplier base management
- Overview of the sourcing strategy process
- How market characteristics frame the strategy
- Formal supply management strategy methodology
- Six strategic outcomes of supplier base management and their implications
- Ways to assess, identify and prioritize opportunities for various goods and services
Implementing and Measuring Supply Management Strategy
- How to identify the type of supplier relationship needed to support the strategy
- Ways to develop a shared commitment with intended sources
- Methods for monitoring supplier-based risk on a continuous basis
- Ways to evaluate suppliers and sources and complete agreements with them
Robust Cost Knowledge
- Why robust cost knowledge is a game-changer
- How traditional supply chains have evolved into integrated supply networks
- How routine strategy positioning limits opportunity
- Cost modeling, cost drivers and cost elimination
Risk and Sustainability
- Multiple dimensions of supply chain risk
- Supply management’s role in corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- The three dimensions of the “triple bottom line”
- Sustainable procurement metrics
- How to build resiliency, innovation and speed to market into your supply chain
Credit & Tuition
Register today and earn 3.5 CEUs for $2,480.
Who Should Register?
The Strategic Supply Management course is designed for professionals who want to gain a greater understanding of the scope, costs, metrics and processes associated with supply management and leverage that knowledge to create sustainable competitive advantage. The course is open to individuals who want to excel in purchasing, sourcing and supply management roles. It is a required course for completing the Master Certificate in Advanced Procurement Management.